Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Sweet Gifts

Like many crafty moms, I always like to make something "altered" for the kids for Christmas. Something cute and fun that I think they will get a kick out of even if they aren't such little kiddos anymore.


I few weeks back I came across some small jars in my drawer that I had picked up at Michael's ages ago. Lightbulb! I knew exactly what I was going to make as soon as I saw them.


The jars are the perfect size to fit into the mini coffee carries found in the August-December mini catalogue. You can also get the mini coffee cups which would work for this project too, but I liked the ideas of the little jars.


I covered the coffee carriers using patterned papers from the Tis the Season 6x6 pad, and then die cut coordinating paper circles to cover the top of the jars. I'm going to fill the jars with the kids favourite sweets..  Sour keys, jelly beans, skittles etc. They will each have their own little stash of candy, so cute.


The tags I made using two sizes of stitched rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. I stamped the sentiment, and then stamped and die cut the little candy cane (both found in the Sweetest Time stamp set) and attached them to the carrier with a bit of ribbon.


These little carriers were so fun and easy to put together, and I may or may not have been listening to Christmas music while I making them. :)

PS - Last date for placing orders to receive them Christmas is December 7th!


2 comments :

Back to Top